Rode RODECaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Studio
Creating a quality podcast just got a lot easier with the RODECaster Pro from Rode, a revolutionary podcast studio that incorporates all the professional tools of the trade in a compact all-in-one unit. It is well suited for professionals or for those who are just starting out and in need of a straightforward solution. The unit simplifies the technical aspects of podcast production so you can focus on making great content using the company’s world-renowned broadcast-quality audio.
The RODECaster Pro integrates a mixer, sound effects player, phone tap for taking phone calls, recorder, and more, all in one box—saving you the time and hassle of setting up the components by yourself and at a cost significantly lower than buying them separately. It offers a powerful platform to get up and running right away, recording sophisticated podcasts in the studio or on the move.
Operating as a standalone and combining a host of podcast-friendly features, the RODECaster Pro lets you record and mix podcasts on the fly with up to four microphones, remote guests on calls, music, and prerecorded segments going on all at once. With echo-free phone or app calls, main host channel controls, programmable sound pads for launching jingles and FX, and APHEX processing that gives your voice the rich and warm sound of a professional broadcaster, this console is destined to become a standard in the field of podcast production.
The RODECaster Pro goes beyond what a traditional mixing console does. It is equipped with four high-quality XLR mic inputs, four discrete headphone outputs, eight faders to control audio levels, and Bluetooth, USB, and TRRS connectivity. It lets you record your podcast as a mixed-down stereo mix to an onboard microSD card or to your computer via USB.
Easy to operate with ergonomically located controls and a large full-color touchscreen, the RODECaster Pro is ready to use within minutes of opening the box. Just add mics (such as the perfectly matched Rode PodMic), broadcast boom arms, headphones, and a microSD card, and you’re ready to start recording your podcast or to begin streaming it live via your smartphone or computer.
Start a 4-Person Podcast within Minutes
- Quickly connect microphones for you and your guests—up to four people. The four, high-quality microphone XLR inputs, each with 48V phantom power, are capable of powering studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones.
- With automatic level setting and one-touch recording to the onboard microSD card, you can start recording your first podcasts within minutes of taking the RODECaster Pro out of the box. Onboard presets for a variety of microphones delivers broadcast-quality sound with a single touch.
8 Sound Pads with FX Save You Time in Post-Production
- Sound effects are perfect for giving your podcast a polished feel and the eight sound pads allow you to instantly launch effects, music, jingles, applause, prerecorded interviews, ads—saving you the time and hassle of adding them later in post-production.
- You can record audio directly to the pads from any of the audio inputs, or simply drag and drop files from your computer using the RODECaster Pro app (free download).
- You can even select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Interview a Guest Remotely via Phone Call
- Interview a guest for your podcast remotely, via a phone call or apps like Skype, FaceTime, and more.
- Prevent echos. Simply connect your smartphone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth or TRRS cable, or to your computer via USB, and the unit automatically provides a mix-minus, preventing the person on the other end of the call from hearing a distracting echo.
- Achieve clear-sounding podcasts without the need to purchase additional hardware or setup complex signal routings with cables.
RODE Renowned Broadcast-Quality Audio
- The four pristine mic preamps feature servo-biased Class-A circuitry, which provides a clean gain structure with low levels of distortion, for a low-noise signal that rivals the best broadcast consoles.
- Each preamp provides +48V phantom power on rugged Neutrik XLR connectors, giving you the option to use condenser microphones for a bright and transparent voice.
APHEX Processing for Rich and Warm Voice
- The sound of your microphones can be quickly enhanced with the onboard APHEX Exciter and Big Bottom processors.
- Found in most broadcast studios, the Exciter elevates speech clarity, while the Big Bottom adds that warm and deep voice-of-God low-frequency punch to your voice.
- These effects are also available to bring out the details of the music or speech audio from your Bluetooth, USB, or TRRS connections.
Shape Your Sound with Intuitive Audio Processing
- The RODECaster Pro is equipped with advanced audio processing options for each channel. From a list of mic profiles, choose the mic that is most similar to the actual mic you are using on your voice, and the software will automatically match the digital signal processing to that microphone.
- Voice settings are also available to compensate for the strength and tone of the participant’s voices. You can select either the Deep, Medium, or High voice preset; the Soft preset for soft-spoken speakers; or the Strong preset for those with louder voices.
- The levels can also be programmed to dynamically change the loudness of the voice of the person speaking, making it easy for users without any audio experience to perfectly set the gain on their microphone. Also included is a set of multistage dynamics effects, such as compression, limiting, de-essing, and noise-gating.
Stay in Control of Your Podcast
- The Main Host channel (Mic Channel 1) features Ducking, which turns down all audio sources every single time the host speaks. This allows the host to always be heard even when multiple people are speaking over one another.
- The host has exclusive access to advanced functions to control the flow of the podcast during the recording, such as muting and soloing channels using buttons located along the front of the unit.
Capture Your Podcast Without a Separate Recorder
- Operating as a standalone unit out of the box, the RODECaster Pro records your podcast in stereo directly to a microSD card (available separately).
- Simply insert the card in the slot on the back of the unit, and hit the record button.
- A timer on the touchscreen lets you know how long you have been broadcasting.
- You can also add markers to your podcast on the fly, to mark significant passages while recording.
- To prevent you from accidentally ruining your podcast, you cannot access any advanced settings while in record mode.
Record and Playback in Stereo on Your Computer
- The RODECaster Pro is a class-compliant USB audio interface.
- This means you can connect the unit to your computer via USB, and record a stereo mix of your podcast to your favorite DAW or recording software, while at the same time bringing music in from your computer into the dedicated USB channel.
Clear Headphone Monitoring for Host and Guests
- The RODECaster Pro comes equipped with four, high-powered headphone outputs using discrete circuitry for clarity and presence.
- Each person has its own volume control so that they can monitor comfortably while recording the podcast.
- For convenience, the host channel has the option to plug a set of headphone with a 3.5mm plug directly in the front of the unit.
- A switchable headphone limiter protects you from deafening spikes.
Plugs Easily into a Live PA System
- If you’re hosting your podcast at live events with an audience, a set of speaker outputs with a dedicated volume control allows you to connect the RODECaster Pro to a PA system.
- You can amplify the podcast for your live audience, while streaming to your audiences all around the world via USB connectivity.