Featuring a far-reaching 65x optical zoom lens, equivalent to 21-1,365mm in the 35mm format, the PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera from Canon will provide users with a compact, yet extremely versatile unit for capturing highly detailed images. Additionally, this camera is capable of Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps and has an external microphone input for higher quality audio. The SX60 also combines a 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 6 image processor to create the Canon HS SYSTEM, allowing for accurate colors and fine detail to be captured in low-light conditions.
The SX60 offers two methods for composing images and video, either through the bright 3.0″ vari-angle LCD display or an electronic viewfinder. Each features a 922k-dot resolution and works with the Zoom Framing Assist function to help track and capture subjects while at the furthest telephoto focal lengths. There is also a High Speed AF that when paired with the 6.4 fps continuous shooting speed you will be able to record a plethora of sharp stills and video at full resolution. Additionally, this camera is capable of RAW image capture.
Also packed into this camera is an Intelligent Image Stabilization system with eight different modes for getting the best possible image depending on the situation. And, in addition to all of the other features, the SX60 has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for connecting to a compatible mobile device.
- 16.1MP High Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Combining the 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 6 image processor within the SX60’s body results in the creation of the Canon HS SYSTEM. This helps improve the camera’s low-light imaging capabilities as well as increases the overall speed. The SX60 features High Speed AF results in fast focusing for sharp imagery and works with a continuous shooting speed up to 6.4 fps without any need to buffer. Additionally, the SX60 can capture images in JPEG or RAW formats.
- 65x Optical Zoom Lens
- Featuring a versatile 35mm equivalent focal length of 21-1,365mm, the 65x optical zoom lens allows users to work in an extraordinary range of shooting conditions. The lens also features Intelligent IS, or optical image stabilization, with eight different modes to help ensure sharp photographs and video even at the furthest focal lengths.
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle LCD Display & Electronic Viewfinder
- Two different options for viewing and composing image are available on the SX60, a 3.0″ LCD screen and an electronic viewfinder. The vari-angle screen has a high 922k-dot resolution and can be adjusted for use at a variety of angles. The electronic viewfinder also has a 922k-dot resolution and allows for easy viewing in bright light or when the user desires a more natural shooting position.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Capture video in Full HD 1920 x 1080p at up to 60 frames per second in the MP4 format. The SX60 also has a dedicated movie button that allows users to start recording quickly. Also, with Ultrasonic Motor and Voice Coil Motor focusing and zooming is silent for use during recording. Also, this model has an external microphone input for recording quality audio.
- Zoom Framing Assist
- Automatically have the camera zoom in and out to keep your subject in the frame while using extreme telephoto focal lengths.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer images to your computer or your iOS or Android device via the Canon mobile app, which is available as a free download. Through the app, you can send images directly to social networking sites such as Facebook and NFC allows for one touch connection to select smartphones or tablets.